||Protease inhibitor that inhibits trypsin and trypsin-like serine proteases (in vitro). Inhibits plasmin and thrombin with lower efficiency (in vitro).
|Gene References into Functions
- Diagnostic Utility of the Germinal Center-associated Markers GCET1, HGAL, and LMO2 in Hematolymphoid Neoplasms. PMID: 25203428
- Results report the cloning of germinal center B-cell expressed transcripts 1 and 2 (GCET1 and 2), and show that both are expressed in follicular lymphoma and diffuse large B-cell lymphoma with germinal center B-cell differentiation. PMID: 12819018
- The cloning, expression and molecular characterization of recombinant serpina9 (centerin) are reported. PMID: 17447896
- Gcet-1 protein expression is restricted to a subset of germinal center B cells, establishing the existence of a distinct heterogeneity among normal and neoplastic germinal center B cells PMID: 17898315
- Immunohistochemical expression of centerin further defines the germinal center cell origin of a subgroup of lymphomas. PMID: 18550480
- serpinA9 was associated with stroke in both whites and blacks PMID: 18799872
- Observational study of gene-disease association. (HuGE Navigator) PMID: 19023099
- Observational study of gene-disease association. (HuGE Navigator) PMID: 17975119
||Isoform 1: Secreted, SUBCELLULAR LOCATION: Isoform 2: Cytoplasm, SUBCELLULAR LOCATION: Isoform 3: Cytoplasm, SUBCELLULAR LOCATION: Isoform 4: Cytoplasm, SUBCELLULAR LOCATION: Isoform 5: Cytoplasm, SUBCELLULAR LOCATION: Isoform 6: Cytoplasm, SUBCELLULAR LOCATION: Isoform 7: Membrane, Single-pass type II membrane protein
||Highly expressed in normal germinal center (GC) B-cells and GC B-cell-derived malignancies.