||Associates with CD4 or CD8 and delivers costimulatory signals for the TCR/CD3 pathway.
|Gene References into Functions
- The CD82 is a functional surface marker of long-term repopulating hematopoietic stem cells (LT-HSCs) that maintains quiescence through interaction with DARC-expressing macrophages in the bone marrow stem cell niche. PMID: 26996598
- Loss of Kai1 expression is associated with neoplasm metastasis. PMID: 23401136
- The synergistic effects of CD82 and GM3 or GM2/GM3 ganglioside on EGFR expression and phosphorylation and cMet activation are responsible for CD82 inhibition of EGF- and HGF-dependent cell motility and migration of Hepa1-6 cells. PMID: 23968914
- the CD82 tetraspanin is specifically recruited to pathogen-containing phagosomes prior to fusion with lysosomes. PMID: 21149584
- KAI1 has a role in promotion of cell proliferation and mammary gland hyperplasia by the gp78 ubiquitin ligase PMID: 20089858
- Hypoxia-dependent induction of KAI1 was directly mediated by hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha binding on the promoter, which subsequently caused increased recruitment of RNA polymerase II for transcriptional activation. PMID: 20123085
- An antibody to this protein that can specifically detect murine Kai1/CD82, should be useful in addressing the mechanism of action of Kai1 in metastatic suppression. PMID: 16372335
- gp78 promotes sarcoma metastasis by targeting KAI1 for degradation PMID: 18037895
- The transgenic adenocarcinoma of mouse prostate model encompasses androgen depletion independent sublines with increased tumorigenicity and invasiveness. All showed downregulation in tumor suppressor, E-cadherin, and metastatis suppressor, KAI-1. PMID: 18247402
||Membrane, Multi-pass membrane protein
||Tetraspanin (TM4SF) family
||Highest expression in the spleen and the kidney. Low expression in skeletal muscle and in the heart.