||Can stimulate endothelial cell proliferation, migration, as well as angiogenesis (By similarity). Promotes matrix assembly and cell adhesiveness.
|Gene References into Functions
- By using microRNA array, we identified a large number of microRNAs that showed different expression between wild-type Runx2 group and mutant groups. The aim of this study is to find out the effect of mmu-miR-1963, which was downregulated in all mutant Runx2 groups, on the ameloblast differentiation of LS8 cells PMID: 29233684
- SMOC1 and SMOC2 may mediate intercellular signaling and cell type-specific differentiation during gonad and reproductive tract development PMID: 19842175
- SMOC-2 is a novel angiogenic factor that potentiates angiogenic effects of growth factors PMID: 16774925
- SMOC-2 contributes to cell cycle progression by maintaining ILK activity during G1. PMID: 17989364
- SMOC-2, like other members of the BM40/SPARC family, acts as a regulator of cell-matrix interactions. PMID: 18582461
- results indicate that Smoc2 is a novel transcriptional target of activated Ahr. Perturbation of Smoc2 expression may mediate the adverse developmental effects of environmental aryl-hydrocarbon exposure PMID: 19146932
||Secreted, extracellular space, extracellular matrix, basement membrane
||Strongly expressed in ovary, followed by heart, muscle, spleen, brain, thymus, lung, liver, kidney, spleen, testis, ovary and skeletal muscle.