||In hippocampal neurons it induces the formation of dendritic filopodia by trafficking the actin-remodeling protein VASP to the tips of filopodia, where it promotes actin elongation (By similarity). Myosins are actin-based motor molecules with ATPase activity. Unconventional myosins serve in intracellular movements. MYO10 binds to actin filaments and actin bundles and functions as plus end-directed motor. The tail domain binds to membranous compartments containing phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate, which are then moved relative to actin filaments. Stimulates the formation and elongation of filopodia. Regulates cell shape, cell spreading and cell adhesion. Plays a role in formation of the podosome belt in osteoclasts.
|Gene References into Functions
- A Combination of Diffusion and Active Translocation Localizes Myosin 10 to the Filopodial Tip. PMID: 27566544
- Single alpha-helices domain of MYO10 unfolds progressively as the length is increased and refolds progressively as the length is reduced. PMID: 25122759
- At low optical trap loads, we observed staircase-like processive movements of myosin-10 interacting with the actin filament, consisting of up to six approximately 35-nm steps per binding interaction. PMID: 24753602
- Myosin X is monomeric and the band 4.1-ezrin-radixin-moesin (FERM) and pleckstrin homology (PH) domains bind to the head intramolecularly, forming an inhibited conformation. PMID: 21666676
- the structural features of the motor and the track that allow myosin X to recognize actin filament bundles PMID: 20858426
- myosin X is a membrane-associated molecular motor PMID: 15705568
- kinetic analysis of function of Myosin X as a high duty ratio motor PMID: 15961399
- the predicted coiled coil of myosin 10 forms a novel elongated structure in which the proximal region is a SAH domain and the distal region is a SAH domain (or has an unknown extended structure) that dimerizes only at its end PMID: 16030012
- myosin X recognizes the local structural arrangement of filaments in long bundles, providing a mechanism for sorting cargo to distant target sites. PMID: 18599451
||Cytoplasm, cytosol, Cell projection, lamellipodium, Cell projection, ruffle, Cytoplasm, cytoskeleton, Cell projection, filopodium tip, Cytoplasm, cell cortex, Cell projection, filopodium membrane, Peripheral membrane protein
||TRAFAC class myosin-kinesin ATPase superfamily, Myosin family
||Detected in kidney, testis, liver, kidney, cerebellum and brain cortex (at protein level).