|Gene References into Functions
- In summary, we demonstrate that ADAMTS18 silencing in breast cancer is significantly correlated with promoter CpG methylation. ADAMTS18 acts as an antagonist of AKT and NF-kappaB signaling, further suppressing EMT and metastasis of breast cancer cells. PMID: 28503860
- This study showed that ADAMTS1, 8, and 18 are highly expressed in GC and its nodal metastases, suggesting important roles of these proteases in carcinogenesis and lymphatic metastasis. The findings from the present study indicate that these proteases may be promising candidates for novel and alternative treatments in GC (gastric cancer) PMID: 28814085
- Studies suggest that ADAM metallopeptidase with thrombospondin type 1 motif, 18 protein (ADAMTS-18) as a promising diagnostic and therapeutic target. PMID: 24896365
- Novel homozygous mutations in ADAMTS18 were identified, consisting of c.1067T>A [p.L356*] in the first proband, c.2159G>C [p.C720S] in the 2 affected brothers PMID: 24874986
- Results suggest that ADAMTS18 plays an essential role in early eye development and that mutations therein cause a distinct eye phenotype that is mainly characterized by microcornea and myopia. PMID: 23818446
- study reveals that mutations in the ADAMTS18 gene can cause a broad phenotypic spectrum of eye disorders and contribute to shed further light on the complexity of retinal diseases PMID: 23356391
- the study identified ADAMTS18 as the only gene carrying a homozygous protein altering mutation. PMID: 21862674
- ADAMTS18 mutations promote growth, migration, and metastasis in melanoma PMID: 21047771
- ADAMTS18 gene methylation in 3 types of cancers was significantly higher than normal tissues. No significant association was found between methylation status & TNM staging. Epigenetic regulation of ADAMTS18 was associated with carcinogenesis. PMID: 19806480
- Functional epigenetics show ADAMTS18 to be a novel functional tumor suppressor, being frequently inactivated epigenetically in multiple carcinomas. PMID: 17546048
- ADAMTS18 and TGFBR3 might underlie BMD determination in the major human ethnic groups. PMID: 19249006
|Involvement in disease
||Microcornea, myopic chorioretinal atrophy, and telecanthus (MMCAT)
||Secreted, extracellular space, extracellular matrix.
||Expressed in fetal lung, liver, and kidney and in adult brain, prostate, submaxillary gland, and endothelium.