What are antibody pairs?
Antibody Pair products include a capture antibody and detection antibody. Antibody pairs are also available for a diverse set of applications such as ELISA, Western Blotting-Immunoprecipitation and Proximity Litigation Assays, which allow researchers to detect and quantify interaction molecules in situ, ensures localization of sub-cellular events, reduces the risk of missing weak or transient interactions and improves detection specificity and sensitivity.
CUSABIO's antibody pairs
CUSABIO antibody pairs are mainly used for sandwich ELISAs, besides, our antibody pairs also can be used to create modified ELISAs specific for your sample types or possibly for novel immunoassay platforms. Our captured antibodies can be polyclonal or monoclonal while most of our detection antibodies are polyclonal. CUSABIO has more than 360 antibody pairs and we aim to provide high-quality antibody pairs with cheap price for you, which could help you save time and money when developing assays.
Antibody pair screening
During the production of CUSABIO antibody pair, screening work is extremely important. Generally, screening work is divided into five steps:
- Capture Antibody is pre-coated on the plate.
- Adding standard & samples to wells. Anaylte present is bound by the immobilized antibody. Unbound material are removed.
- Biotin conjugated to detection antibody (detection reagent A) is added and binds to analyte absorbed on the plate. Usually multiple biotin molecules can conjugated to an antibody. Unbound ones are washed away.
- Avidin conjugated to HRP (detection reagent B) is added and binds to biotin absorbed on the plate. Unbound ones are washed away.
- Add luminal substrate and incubate 10 min at 37℃. Then read relative light unit (RLU) value immediately.
Here, a sweet guy from CUSABIO show the five step in one figure as follows: