All antibody forms (polyclonal, hybridoma-based monoclonal and recombinant monoclonal) have advantages and disadvantages for development, validation and use. It depends on your project. Polyclonal antibodies are ideal reagents in assay-specific target discovery and detection. They display multi-epitope binding properties which make these reagents ideally suited for many applications. The clonal and biophysical diversity of polyclonal antibodies allows for greater sensitivity and utility in certain types of applications. And CUSABIO’s polyclonal antibodies should be on your reagents list.
CUSABIO polyclonal antibodies are all prepared with recombinant protein or native protein. Compared with peptide antibodies, affinity and specificity is superior. Moreover, there're more recognition of antigenic sites and have a much wider range of applications. Antibodies purified by affinity chromatography possess high purity.
As to quality control, CUSABIO proves the antibodies sensitivity and discriminating on natural proteins by rigorous ELISA test, and verify their specificity by Western blot test. It turns out that CUSABIO polyclonal antibodies have a broader scope of application and they a powerful tool for scientific research.
You will find more details on the images of validated applications.
Polyclonal Antibodies Catalog
Here is the catalog of all polyclonal antibodies. You can find the right ones for your research, or search them in the search box on the header part of this website.
If you can’t find the antibody you need in the catalog, please check CUSABIO Polyclonal Antibody Custom Service.
What are polyclonal antibodies?
As known to all, Polyclonal Antibodies represent a heterogeneous mix of antibodies from different B cells that recognize multiple epitopes on the same antigen. Each of these individual antibodies recognizes a unique epitope that is located on that antigen.
Polyclonal antibodies vs Monoclonal antibodies
Since polyclonal antibodies are mentioned, monoclonal antibodies are usually never left out. Both polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies have their own features.
Compared with Monoclonal antibodies, the advantages and disadvantages of polyclonal antibody have been presented as follows:
- The production of polyclonal antibodies is inexpensive and very quickly.
- Polyclonal antibodies offers greater sensitivity for detecting proteins that are present in low expression levels, as the target protein will bind more than one antibody molecule on its multiple epitopes (this is less advantageous for quantification experiments). This makes polyclonal antibodies great for detecting proteins at low concentrations.
- It is easy to store and more stable and tolerant of pH or buffer changing.
- Higher overall antibody affinity against the antigen due to recognition of multiple epitopes.
- In general, ability to detect multiple epitopes gives more robust detection.
- Ideal as the capture antibody in a Sandwich ELISA. Greater ability to quickly capture the target protein.
- Significantly more robust when assaying proteins that show slight variations in individual epitopes such as denaturation, polymorphism or conformational changes.
- Superior for use in detecting a native protein in multiple assay types.
- Much easier to couple with antibody labels. Less likely to affect binding capability.
- Variability between different batches produced in different animals at different times.
- Higher potential for cross reaction and non-specific signal due to recognizing multiple epitopes.
- Affinity purification of the serum will typically be required to minimize cross reactivity.
NOD2 Antibody referenced in "Nucleotide binding and oligomerization domain 2 in psoriasis: a clinical and immunohistochiical study". Journal of Immunoassay and Immunochiistry, 2021
GRIK3 Antibody referenced in "CircASXL1 knockdown represses the progression of colorectal cancer by downregulating GRIK3 expression by sponging miR-1205". World journal of surgical oncology, 2021
SOD1 Antibody referenced in "Dietary supplientation of grape seed tannin extract stimulated testis development, changed fatty acid profiles and increased testis antioxidant capacity in pre-puberty hu lambs". Theriogenology, 2021
FGFR3 Antibody referenced in "MiR-99b-5p suppressed proliferation of human osteoblasts by targeting FGFR3 in osteoporosis". Human Cell, 2021
CD63 Antibody and TSG101 Antibody referenced in "Wharton's Jelly Mesenchymal Sti Cell-derived Extracellular Vesicles Reduce SARS-CoV2 Induced Inflammatory Cytokines under High Glucose and Uriic Toxin Conditions". Sti Cells and Development, 2021
Read More >>