The Rat follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) ELISA Kit is designed for the quantitative determination of endogenic rat FSH concentrations in serum, plasma, or tissue homogenates. This assay employs the competitive inhibition enzyme immunoassay technique. Standards or samples are added to the appropriate goat-anti-rat FSH antibody-pre-coated microtiter plate wells with the anti-rat FSH antibody and HRP-conjugate. The competitive inhibition reaction is launched between with HRP labeled FSH and FSH in the samples or standards with the anti-rat FSH antibody. These Ag-Ab complexes are captured by the antibody immobilized on the plate. Substrate A and B solution are mixed and then added to the wells, and the color turns blue. The color development is stopped after adding the stop solution, and the intensity of the color is opposite to the amount of FSH in the sample. Read the OD value with the Microplate reader and calculated the FSH concentration referring to the standard curve. This kit has been quality tested by multiple criteria, including sensitivity, specificity, precision, linearity, recovery, and lot-to-lot consistency. Click the product instructions for more information.
FSH is a pituitary-produced glycoprotein gonadotropin that plays a critical role in mammalian reproduction and development. It is responsive to gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) released by the hypothalamus. In the ovary, FSH regulates folliculogenesis, oocyte selection, and the synthesis of sex steroid hormones, thus preparing the reproductive tract for fertilization, implantation, and pregnancy. FSH is required for testicular development and normal spermatogenesis in men.
||FshbFollitropin subunit beta ELISA kit; Follicle-stimulating hormone beta subunit ELISA kit; FSH-B ELISA kit; FSH-beta ELISA kit; Follitropin beta chain ELISA kit
||Rattus norvegicus (Rat)
||serum, plasma, tissue homogenates
||0.3 mIU/mL-10 mIU/mL
||Intra-assay Precision (Precision within an assay): CV%<15%
Three samples of known concentration were tested twenty times on one plate to assess.
Inter-assay Precision (Precision between assays): CV%<15%
Three samples of known concentration were tested in twenty assays to assess.
||To assess the linearity of the assay, samples were spiked with high concentrations of rat FSH in various matrices and diluted with the Sample Diluent to produce samples with values within the dynamic range of the assay.
||The recovery of rat FSH spiked to levels throughout the range of the assay in various matrices was evaluated. Samples were diluted prior to assay as directed in the Sample Preparation section.
||These standard curves are provided for demonstration only. A standard curve should be generated for each set of samples assayed.
- A 96-well Assay plate -- The 96-well plate has been pre-coated with goat-anti-rabbit FSH antibody.
- Standard 6 x 0.5 ml -- Dilute the standard at dilution series, read the OD values, and then draw a standard curve.
- Anti-rat FSH Antibody 1 x 6 ml -- Act as the detection antibody.
- HRP-conjugated FSH 1 x 6 ml -- Bind to the FSH antibody, and HRP catalyzes the substrate A and B to elicit a chromogenic reaction.
- Wash Buffer (20 x concentrate) 1 x 15 ml -- Wash away unbound or free substances.
- Substrate A 1 x 7 ml -- Mix with substrate B, and the TMB is catalyzed by HRP to develop color.
- Substrate B 1 x 7 ml -- Mix with substrate A, and the TMB is catalyzed by HRP to develop color.
- Stop Solution 1 x 7 ml -- Stop the color reaction. The solution color immediately turns from blue to yellow.
- Four Adhesive Strips (For 96 wells)
- An Instruction manual
|Materials not provided
- A microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm, with the correction wavelength set at 600 nm - 630 nm.
- An incubator that can provide stable incubation conditions up to 37°C±5°C.
- Squirt bottle, manifold dispenser, or automated microplate washer
- Absorbent paper for blotting the microtiter plate
- 50-300ul multi-channel micropipette
- Pipette tips
- Single-channel micropipette with different ranges
- 100ml and 500ml graduated cylinders
- Deionized or distilled water
- Test tubes for dilution
|ELISA kit FAQs
||Store at 2-8°C. Please refer to protocol.
||3-5 working days