The Human Clara cell protein (CC16) ELISA Kit quantifies CC16 in human serum, plasma, or tissue homogenates. It is not intended for diagnostic use and only used for scientific research in humans. The kit has undergone rigorous quality control in multiple parameters, including sensitivity, specificity, precision, linearity, recovery, and inter-batch difference. Refer to the product instructions for more details.
This assay is based on the Sandwich-ELISA mechanism (the CC16 in the sample is sandwiched between the pre-coated CC16 antibody and HRP-labeled CC16 antibody) and enzyme-substrate chromogenic reaction. The color intensity is positively related to the amount of CC16 bound in the initial step. The levels of CC16 in the samples can be determined by referring to the O.D. (optical density) of the samples to the standard curve.
CC16 is a homodimeric protein abundantly secreted in airways by the non-ciliated bronchiolar Clara cells. CC16 deficient transgenic mice were associated with a rising susceptibility of the lung to viral infections and oxidative stress, which demonstrated the potential role of CC16 in the protection of the respiratory tract against oxidative stress and inflammation. In vitro, CC16 participates in regulating the production and the activity of various mediators of the inflammatory response including PLA2, interferon-ɤ, and TNF-α. CC16 has also been found to suppress fibroblast migration or to bind various endogenous or exogenous substances such as polychlorobiphenyls (PCBs).
||Clara cell protein,CC16
||Blastokinin ELISA Kit; CC10 ELISA Kit; CC16 ELISA Kit; CCPBP ELISA Kit; CCSP ELISA Kit; Clara cell phospholipid binding protein ELISA Kit; Clara cell phospholipid-binding protein ELISA Kit; Clara cell specific 10 kD protein ELISA Kit; Clara cells 10 kDa secretory protein ELISA Kit; OTTHUMP00000236107 ELISA Kit; SCGB1A1 ELISA Kit; Secretoglobin family 1A member 1 ELISA Kit; Secretoglobin, family 1A, member 1 (uteroglobin) ELISA Kit; UG ELISA Kit; UGB ELISA Kit; UP-1 ELISA Kit; UP1 ELISA Kit; Urinary protein 1 ELISA Kit; Urine protein 1 ELISA Kit; UTER_HUMAN ELISA Kit; Uteroglobin ELISA Kit
||Homo sapiens (Human)
||serum, plasma, tissue homogenates
||6.25 ng/mL-400 ng/mL
|Intra-assay Precision (Precision within an assay): CV%<8%|| || || |
|Three samples of known concentration were tested twenty times on one plate to assess. || |
|Inter-assay Precision (Precision between assays): CV%<10%|| || || |
|Three samples of known concentration were tested in twenty assays to assess. || || |
| || || || || || || |
|To assess the linearity of the assay, samples were spiked with high concentrations of human CC16 in various matrices and diluted with the Sample Diluent to produce samples with values within the dynamic range of the assay.|
| ||Sample||Serum(n=4)|| |
|1:1||Average %||91|| |
|Range %||87-99|| |
|1:2||Average %||92|| |
|Range %||85-99|| |
|1:4||Average %||99|| |
|Range %||94-104|| |
|1:8||Average %||100|| |
|Range %||94-105|| |
|The recovery of human CC16 spiked to levels throughout the range of the assay in various matrices was evaluated. Samples were diluted prior to assay as directed in the Sample Preparation section.|
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range|| |
|Serum (n=5) ||96||90-102|| |
|EDTA plasma (n=4)||98||93-104|| |
| || || || || || || |
| || || || || || || |
|These standard curves are provided for demonstration only. A standard curve should be generated for each set of samples assayed. |
|400||2.420 ||2.596 ||2.508 ||2.403 || |
|200||2.203 ||2.214 ||2.209 ||2.104 || |
|100||1.788 ||1.791 ||1.790 ||1.685 || |
|50||1.245 ||1.291 ||1.268 ||1.163 || |
|25||0.705 ||0.751 ||0.728 ||0.623 || |
|12.5||0.473 ||0.491 ||0.482 ||0.377 || |
|6.25||0.278 ||0.298 ||0.288 ||0.183 || |
|0||0.104 ||0.106 ||0.105 || || |
- A micro ELISA plate --- The 96-well plate has been pre-coated with an anti-human CC16 antibody. This dismountable microplate can be divided into 12 x 8 strip plates.
- Two vials lyophilized standard ---Dilute a bottle of the standard at dilution series, read the OD values, and then draw a standard curve.
- One vial Biotin-labeled CC16 antibody (100 x concentrate) (120 μl/bottle) ---Act as the detection antibody.
- One vial HRP-avidin (100 x concentrate) (120 μl/bottle) ---Bind to the detection antibody and react with the TMB substrate to make the solution chromogenic.
- One vial Biotin-antibodyDiluent (15 ml/bottle) ---Dilute the Biotin-antibody.
- One vial HRP-avidin Diluent (15 ml/bottle) ---Dilute the HRP-avidin solution.
- One vial Sample Diluent (50 ml/bottle)---Dilute the sample to an appropriate concentration.
- One vial Wash Buffer (25 x concentrate) (20 ml/bottle) ---Wash away unbound or free substances.
- One vial TMB Substrate (10 ml/bottle) ---Act as the chromogenic agent. TMB interacts with HRP, eliciting the solution turns blue.
- One vial Stop Solution (10 ml/bottle) ---Stop the color reaction. The solution color immediately turns from blue to yellow.
- Four Adhesive Strips (For 96 wells) --- Cover the microplate when incubation.
- An instruction manual
|Materials not provided
- A microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm, with the correction wavelength set at 540 nm or 570 nm.
- An incubator can provide stable incubation conditions up to 37°C±5°C.
- Squirt bottle, manifold dispenser, or automated microplate washer
- Absorbent paper for blotting the microtiter plate
- 50-300ul multi-channel micropipette
- Pipette tips
- Single-channel micropipette with different ranges
- 100ml and 500ml graduated cylinders
- Deionized or distilled water
- Test tubes for dilution
|ELISA kit FAQs
||Store at 2-8°C. Please refer to protocol.
||3-5 working days