Membrane-cytoskeleton-associated protein that promotes the assembly of the spectrin-actin network. Binds to the erythrocyte membrane receptor SLC2A1/GLUT1 and may therefore provide a link between the spectrin cytoskeleton to the plasma membrane. Binds to calmodulin. Calmodulin binds preferentially to the beta subunit.
|Gene References into Functions
- betaadducin was demonstrated to have a critical role in neutrophil migration. PMID: 29901076
- Aberrant DNA methylation of ADD2 could be potential screening markers of colorectal cancer. PMID: 27493446
- Study evaluated effects of ADD genetic variability on cognitive functions in a sample of patients with schizophrenia, known to show a wide and heterogeneous neuropsychological deficit and found that ADD2 C1797T polymorphism showed diffuse effects on almost every cognitive domain. PMID: 26723519
- ADD2 and NCX1 variants influence the risk and the clinical features of systemic lupus erythematosus and lupus nephritis. PMID: 26045217
- Taken together, these results show that beta-adducin is a pivotal lipid raft-associated protein in PSGL-1-mediated neutrophil rolling on P-selectin. PMID: 25425738
- phosphorylation of beta-adducin by GSK3 promotes efficient neurite outgrowth in neurons. PMID: 21606488
- there was significant heterogeneity between Slavic and Italian subjects in the phenotype-genotype relationships with beta-adducin PMID: 14553963
- Expression of the hypertensive rat or human variant of adducin into normal renal epithelial cells recreates the hypertensive phenotype with higher Na+,K+-ATPase activity, mu2-subunit hyperphosphorylation, and impaired Na+,K+-ATPase endocytosis. PMID: 15528469
- Polymorphisms in the ADD2 and ADD3 genes taken alone were not associated with blood pressure and renin activity PMID: 15716695
- The very high levels of expression of ADD2 suggest that its promoter may be useful for directing erythroid-specific gene expression. PMID: 15963851
- beta-adducin is a downstream target of and regulated by the PTN/RPTPbeta/zeta signaling pathway PMID: 16105548
- Changes in intra-erythrocyte cations in ADD2 1797CC homozygous men might lead to osmotic fragility of erythrocytes, but to what extent they reflect systemic changes or are possibly involved in blood pressure regulation remains unknown. PMID: 17301826
- hypertension candidate gene variation may influence BP responses to specific antihypertensive drug therapies and measurement of genetic variation may assist in identifying subgroups of hypertensive patients benefiting from antihypertensive drug therapies PMID: 17854487
||Cytoplasm, cytoskeleton. Cell membrane; Peripheral membrane protein; Cytoplasmic side.
||Aldolase class II family, Adducin subfamily
||Expressed mainly in brain, spleen, kidney cortex and medulla, and heart. Also expressed in human umbilical vein endothelial cells, human vascular smooth muscle cells, kidney tubular cells and K-562 cell line.