||May be an angiogenesis inhibitor.
|Gene References into Functions
- Tnmd is required for prevention of adipocyte accumulation and fibrovascular scar formation during early tendon healing. PMID: 29022912
- The results of enhanced tenogenic differentiation and neotendon formation indicated that Tnmd may serve not only as a tenogenic marker but also as a positive regulator of MSCs tenogenic differentiation, which might be applied to MSCs-mediated tendon regeneration. PMID: 27098985
- our study demonstrates that Tnmd is required for proper tendon tissue adaptation to endurance running and aids in better understanding of the structural-functional relationships of tendon tissues. PMID: 28566251
- In vitro comparison of tenogenic differentiation potentials among bone marrow derived stem cells (BMSCs), adipose derived stem cells (ASCs), dermal fibroblasts (DFs) and tenocytes (TCs) of the same Tnmd transgenic mice. BMSCs exhibited the best tenogenic potential than other three cell types. PMID: 27777108
- Upon high-fat diet feeding, transgenic mice overexpressing Tnmd develop increased epididymal white adipose tissue (eWAT) mass, and preadipocytes derived from Tnmd transgenic mice display greater proliferation, consistent with elevated adipogenesis. PMID: 26880110
- Loss of Tnmd affects significantly the self-renewal and senescence properties, but not the multipotential of tendon stem cells. PMID: 25351164
- In our study of MM development, the laminar structure regulating TeM also prevents vascular invasion during the formation of compartment of the MM. PMID: 25107480
- Results suggest that tenomodulin (Tnmd) is a regulator of tenocyte proliferation and is involved in collagen fibril maturation but do not confirm an in vivo involvement of Tnmd in angiogenesis. PMID: 15632070
- The expression domains of ChM-I and TeM during vertebrate development incorporate the typical avascular regions of the mesenchymal tissues. PMID: 18239943
- Tenomodulin is expressed abundantly in the elastin-rich subendothelial outer layer of the normal chordae tendineae cordis. PMID: 18838562
||Membrane, Single-pass type II membrane protein, Nucleus envelope
||Widely expressed with highest expression in tendons and ligaments, in the diaphragm, eye and skeletal muscle. Expressed in neuronal cells of all brain regions. Very low expression, if any, in glial cells.