The Mouse diamine oxidase (DAO) ELISA Kit is an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay that quantitatively measures the content of mouse DAO in many biological fluids, including serum, plasma, and tissue homogenates. The kit has excellent sensitivity, high specificity, good linearity, precision low than 10%, high recovery, good lot-to-lot consistency. Get access to more details from the product instructions.
This assay employs the Sandwich-ELISA technique, in which a sandwiched complex is formed by DAO in the samples or standards, pre-coated anti-human DAO, and Biotin-labeled DAO antibody. The Ag-Ab-Ag immune complex is labeled with HRP-avidin and then develops a color reaction after the addition of the TMB substrate. The intensity of the color is positively correlated to the amount of DAO in the sample.
DAO is the main enzyme for the gastrointestinal degradation of histamine and other biogenic amines. It primarily degrades excess histamine in the human body. Histamine that either occurs naturally or from the diet can help to regulate specific functions of your digestive, nervous, and immune systems. DAO deficiency may result in histamine intolerance (HIT), a condition caused by elevated histamine levels in the body. DAO nutritional supplement is frequently used to treat symptoms of HIT.
||amiloride binding protein 1 (amine oxidase (copper-containing))
||Aoc1 ELISA kit; Abp1Amiloride-sensitive amine oxidase [copper-containing] ELISA kit; DAO ELISA kit; Diamine oxidase ELISA kit; EC 18.104.22.168 ELISA kit; Amiloride-binding protein 1 ELISA kit; Amine oxidase copper domain-containing protein 1 ELISA kit; Histaminase ELISA kit
||Mus musculus (Mouse)
||serum, plasma, tissue homogenates
||15.6 mU/mL-1000 mU/mL
|Intra-assay Precision (Precision within an assay): CV%<8%|| || || |
|Three samples of known concentration were tested twenty times on one plate to assess. || |
|Inter-assay Precision (Precision between assays): CV%<10%|| || || |
|Three samples of known concentration were tested in twenty assays to assess. || || |
| || || || || || || |
|To assess the linearity of the assay, samples were spiked with high concentrations of mouse DAO in various matrices and diluted with the Sample Diluent to produce samples with values within the dynamic range of the assay.|
|1:1||Average %||84|| |
|Range %||81-87|| |
|1:2||Average %||95|| |
|Range %||91-99|| |
|1:4||Average %||91|| |
|Range %||88-96|| |
|1:8||Average %||96|| |
|Range %||93-99|| |
|The recovery of mouse DAO spiked to levels throughout the range of the assay in various matrices was evaluated. Samples were diluted prior to assay as directed in the Sample Preparation section.|
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range|| |
|Serum (n=5) ||109||104-112|| |
|EDTA plasma (n=4)||85||81-89|| |
| || || || || || || |
| || || || || || || |
|These standard curves are provided for demonstration only. A standard curve should be generated for each set of samples assayed. |
|1000||2.879 ||2.752 ||2.816 ||2.607 || |
|500||2.301 ||2.216 ||2.259 ||2.050 || |
|250||1.584 ||1.560 ||1.572 ||1.363 || |
|125||0.945 ||0.932 ||0.939 ||0.730 || |
|62.5||0.655 ||0.672 ||0.664 ||0.455 || |
|31.2||0.532 ||0.542 ||0.537 ||0.328 || |
|15.6||0.412 ||0.407 ||0.410 ||0.201 || |
|0||0.211 ||0.206 ||0.209 || |
- A micro ELISA plate --- The 96-well plate has been pre-coated with an anti-mouse DAO antibody. This dismountable microplate can be divided into 12 x 8 strip plates.
- Two vials lyophilized standard ---Dilute a bottle of the standard at dilution series, read the OD values, and then draw a standard curve.
- One vial Biotin-labeled DAO antibody (100 x concentrate) (120 μl/bottle) ---Act as the detection antibody.
- One vial HRP-avidin (100 x concentrate) (120 μl/bottle) ---Bind to the detection antibody and react with the TMB substrate to make the solution chromogenic.
- One vial Biotin-antibody Diluent (15 ml/bottle) ---Dilute the Biotin-antibody.
- One vial HRP-avidin Diluent (15 ml/bottle) ---Dilute the HRP-avidin solution.
- One vial Sample Diluent (50 ml/bottle)---Dilute the sample to an appropriate concentration.
- One vial Wash Buffer (25 x concentrate) (20 ml/bottle) ---Wash away unbound or free substances.
- One vial TMB Substrate (10 ml/bottle) ---Act as the chromogenic agent. TMB interacts with HRP, eliciting the solution turns blue.
- One vial Stop Solution (10 ml/bottle) ---Stop the color reaction. The solution color immediately turns from blue to yellow.
- Four Adhesive Strips (For 96 wells) --- Cover the microplate when incubation.
- An instruction manual
|Materials not provided
- A microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm, with the correction wavelength set at 540 nm or 570 nm.
- An incubator can provide stable incubation conditions up to 37°C±5°C.
- Squirt bottle, manifold dispenser, or automated microplate washer
- Absorbent paper for blotting the microtiter plate
- 50-300ul multi-channel micropipette
- Pipette tips
- Single-channel micropipette with different ranges
- 100ml and 500ml graduated cylinders
- Deionized or distilled water
- Test tubes for dilution
|ELISA kit FAQs
||Store at 2-8°C. Please refer to protocol.
||3-5 working days