||Required for anchoring microtubules to the centrosomes
|Gene References into Functions
- The rs151606 T>G was associated with an increased risk of lung cancer and rs12212247 T>C was associated with a decreased risk of lung cancer PMID: 26905588
- This study was designed to determine the association of CCR6 and FGFR10P (tag)single nucleotide polymorphisms with Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada (VKH) syndrome, in two independent Chinese Han populations. PMID: 23935994
- FOP is a centriolar satellite protein involved in ciliogenesis. PMID: 23554904
- CAP350 interacts directly with FOP (FGFR1 oncogene partner) to form a centrosomal complex required for microtubule anchoring. PMID: 16314388
- a 1.6A resolution crystal structure of the N-terminal dimerization domain of FOP. The structure comprises an alpha-helical bundle composed of two antiparallel chains, each of them having five alpha-helices. PMID: 16690081
- Since FGFR1OP is plays a significant role in lung cancer growth and progression, it may be useful as a prognostic biomarker and as a therapeutic target for lung cancer. PMID: 17888034
|Involvement in disease
||A chromosomal aberration involving FGFR1OP may be a cause of stem cell myeloproliferative disorder (MPD). Translocation t(6;8)(q27;p11) with FGFR1. MPD is characterized by myeloid hyperplasia, eosinophilia and T-cell or B-cell lymphoblastic lymphoma. In general it progresses to acute myeloid leukemia. The fusion proteins FGFR1OP-FGFR1 or FGFR1-FGFR1OP may exhibit constitutive kinase activity and be responsible for the transforming activity (PubMed:9949182).
||Cytoplasm, cytoskeleton, microtubule organizing center, centrosome, Cytoplasm, cytoskeleton, microtubule organizing center, centrosome, centriole, Cytoplasm, cytoskeleton, cilium basal body
||Ubiquitous. Highly expressed in heart, liver, muscle, kidney, intestine, colon, adrenal gland, prostate, testis, and pancreas.