||Guanine nucleotide exchange factor (GEF) that modulates the Rho family of GTPases. Promotes the conversion of some member of the Rho family GTPase from the GDP-bound to the GTP-bound form. Isoform 1 exhibits no activity toward RHOA, RAC1 or CDC42. Isoform 2 exhibits decreased GEF activity toward CDC42. Isoform 3 exhibits a weak but significant activity toward RAC1 and CDC42. Isoform 4 exhibits significant activity toward RHOA and CDC42. The truncated DBL oncogene is active toward RHOA, RAC1 and CDC42.
|Gene References into Functions
- Results support a role for Dbl oncogene in mammary epithelial cell differentiation and transformation and suggest the relevance of GEF deregulation in tumor onset and progression. PMID: 25723869
- Phosphoinositide 3-kinase C2beta regulates RhoA and the actin cytoskeleton through an interaction with Dbl PMID: 22984590
- Dbl is regulated by hamartin through association with ezrin. PMID: 21712385
- proto-oncogene dbl is not a major target for sporadic testicular germ cell tumors PMID: 19373475
- data describe 4 splicing variants of the human DBL (MCF-2) proto-oncogene that show different tissue distributions and guanine nucleotide exchange factor specificities PMID: 12445822
- provides fundamental data on the structure of Mcf-2, which regulates a variety of cellular signaling pathways PMID: 13679059
- These data suggest a mechanism whereby precise spatial guanine nucleotide exchange of Cdc42 by Dbl is dependent on functional ERM proteins and is important for directional cell migration. PMID: 17538024
- Galphaq directly activates p63RhoGEF and Trio via a conserved extension of the Dbl homology-associated pleckstrin homology domain PMID: 17606614
- Nm23-H1 can negatively regulate cell migration and tumor metastasis by modulating the activity of Cdc42 and possibly other Rho family members through interaction with Dbl-1 PMID: 18728402
|Involvement in disease
||MCF2 and DBL represent two activated versions of the same proto-oncogene.
||Cytoplasm, SUBCELLULAR LOCATION: Isoform 1: Membrane, SUBCELLULAR LOCATION: Isoform 3: Membrane
||Isoform 1 is expressed only in brain. Isoform 3 is expressed in heart, kidney, spleen, liver and testis. Isoform 4 is expressed in brain, heart, kidney, testis, placenta, stomach and peripheral blood. The protein is detectable in brain, heart, kidney, int