Regulator of SNARE complex function. Stimulator of beta cell replication.
|Gene References into Functions
- Maternal serum collectrin levels are significantly lower in patients with preeclampsia than in the control group. There is an inverse correlation between serum collectrin levels and blood pressure. PMID: 28764560
- Lack of expression of the TMEM27 in conventional renal cell carcinoma defines a group of patients at high risk for cancer-related death. PMID: 27417314
- Tmem27 is present in human serum and its levels are significantly lower in subjects with autoimmune diabetes as compared to healthy individuals. PMID: 24693993
- Bace2 specifically targets Tmem27 and cleaves its extracellular domain, which is then shed from the plasma membrane of pancreatic beta cells. PMID: 21907142
- Tmem27 dimerization is a dynamic process involving Bace2 PMID: 22628310
- Collectrin and ACE2 in renal and intestinal amino acid transport. PMID: 21814048
- Data support a role for TMEM27 in glucose-induced insulin secretion but not in cell proliferation. The finding that its cleavage is not specific to beta cells challenges the current support for its use as a potential beta cell mass biomarker. PMID: 20386877
- Collectrin has a role in amino acid transpor in the kidney [review] PMID: 17693757
- the first human study of the gene TMEM27 and an attempt to shine a light on genotype-phenotype correlation in Turner syndrome patients. PMID: 19417552
- No TMEM27 gene mutations were discovered among 26 patients showing a phenotype resembling Dent's disease PMID: 19582483
||Membrane, Single-pass type I membrane protein
||Kidney; collecting ducts. Pancreas; beta cells of islets.