The Mouse glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) ELISA Kit is an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative detection of mouse GLP-1in many biological fluids, including serum, plasma, or tissue homogenates. GLP-1 is a gut-derived peptide secreted from intestinal L-cells following a meal. The action of GLP-1 is through the binding of a specific GLP-1 receptor, which is expressed in various tissues, including pancreatic beta cells, pancreatic ducts, and gastric mucosa. GLP-1 exerts its main effect by enhancing glucose-dependent insulin production. GLP-1 has also been demonstrated to delay gastric emptying, suppress inappropriate post-meal glucagon release, and increase satiety.
This assay employs the Sandwich-ELISA technique, in which GLP-1 in the samples or standards is sandwiched between pre-coated an anti-mouse GLP-1 and Biotin-labeled GLP-1 antibody. The Ag-Ab-Ag immune complex is labeled with HRP-avidin and then develops a color reaction after the addition of the TMB substrate. The intensity of the color is positively correlated to the amount of GLP-1 in the sample. The kit has a detection range of 62.5 ng/mL-4000 ng/mL, excellent sensitivity, high specificity, good linearity, precision low than 10%, high recovery, good lot-to-lot consistency. Get access to more details from the product instructions.
||Mus musculus (Mouse)
||serum, plasma, tissue homogenates
||0.312 pg/mL-20 pg/mL
|Intra-assay Precision (Precision within an assay): CV%<8%|| || || |
|Three samples of known concentration were tested twenty times on one plate to assess. || |
|Inter-assay Precision (Precision between assays): CV%<10%|| || || |
|Three samples of known concentration were tested in twenty assays to assess. || || |
| || || || || || || |
|To assess the linearity of the assay, samples were spiked with high concentrations of mouse GLP-1 in various matrices and diluted with the Sample Diluent to produce samples with values within the dynamic range of the assay.|
| ||Sample||Serum(n=4)|| |
|1:100||Average %||97|| |
|Range %||92-103|| |
|1:200||Average %||92|| |
|Range %||85-99|| |
|1:400||Average %||90|| |
|Range %||88-94|| |
|1:800||Average %||101|| |
|Range %||96-105|| |
|The recovery of mouse GLP-1 spiked to levels throughout the range of the assay in various matrices was evaluated. Samples were diluted prior to assay as directed in the Sample Preparation section.|
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range|| |
|Serum (n=5) ||93||87-95|| |
|EDTA plasma (n=4)||106||103-111|| |
| || || || || || || |
| || || || || || || |
|These standard curves are provided for demonstration only. A standard curve should be generated for each set of samples assayed. |
|20||2.401 ||2.552 ||2.477 ||2.344 || |
|10||2.033 ||2.076 ||2.055 ||1.922 || |
|5||1.524 ||1.604 ||1.564 ||1.431 || |
|2.5||1.011 ||1.009 ||1.010 ||0.877 || |
|1.25||0.524 ||0.527 ||0.526 ||0.393 || |
|0.625||0.319 ||0.345 ||0.332 ||0.199 || |
|0.312||0.235 ||0.229 ||0.232 ||0.099 || |
|0||0.130 ||0.135 ||0.133 || || |
- A micro ELISA plate ---The 96-well plate has been pre-coated with an anti-mouse GLP-1 antibody. This dismountable microplate can be divided into 12 x 8 strip plates.
- Two vials lyophilized standard ---Dilute a bottle of the standard at dilution series, read the OD values, and then draw a standard curve.
- One vial Biotin-labeled GLP-1 antibody (100 x concentrate) (120 μl/bottle) ---Act as the detection antibody.
- One vial HRP-avidin (100 x concentrate) (120 μl/bottle) ---Bind to the detection antibody and react with the TMB substrate to make the solution chromogenic.
- One vial Biotin-antibody Diluent (15 ml/bottle) ---Dilute the Biotin-antibody.
- One vial HRP-avidin Diluent (15 ml/bottle) ---Dilute the HRP-avidin solution.
- One vial Sample Diluent (50 ml/bottle)---Dilute the sample to an appropriate concentration.
- One vial Wash Buffer (25 x concentrate) (20 ml/bottle) ---Wash away unbound or free substances.
- One vial TMB Substrate (10 ml/bottle) ---Act as the chromogenic agent. TMB interacts with HRP, eliciting the solution turns blue.
- One vial Stop Solution (10 ml/bottle) ---Stop the color reaction. The solution color immediately turns from blue to yellow.
- Four Adhesive Strips (For 96 wells) --- Cover the microplate when incubation.
- An instruction manual
|Materials not provided
- A microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm, with the correction wavelength set at 540 nm or 570 nm.
- An incubator can provide stable incubation conditions up to 37°C±5°C.
- Squirt bottle, manifold dispenser, or automated microplate washer
- Absorbent paper for blotting the microtiter plate
- 50-300ul multi-channel micropipette
- Pipette tips
- Single-channel micropipette with different ranges
- 100ml and 500ml graduated cylinders
- Deionized or distilled water
- Test tubes for dilution
|ELISA kit FAQs
||Store at 2-8°C. Please refer to protocol.
||3-5 working days