May mediate the cholesterol and gangliosides transport from the plasma membrane to intracellular vesicles in an ATP hydrolysis dependent manner, thus playing a role in their internalization by endocytic retrograde transport and may also participate in the endocytosis of synaptic vesicle in cortical neurons.
|Gene References into Functions
- ABCA13 gene may contain overlapping common genetic risk factors for both major depressive disorder and schizophrenia in the Han Chinese population. PMID: 27712136
- Rare missense variants within a single gene, abca13, form yin yang haplotypes. PMID: 25898927
- The results of this study demonstrated that common genetic variants at ABCA13 are unlikely to be related to the pathogenesis of schizophrenia in the Han Chinese population. PMID: 23910238
- No copy number variation including ABCA13 was identified in schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, or major depressive disorder samples, nor in the controls. PMID: 23250005
- An alternative human ABCA13 transcript and protein. PMID: 23266639
- ABCA13 is a candidate gene in schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and depression PMID: 19944402
- Description of a new gene that maps to chromosome 7. PMID: 12697998
||Cytoplasmic vesicle membrane; Multi-pass membrane protein.
||ABC transporter superfamily
||Significantly expressed in the bone marrow, trachea, testis, thyroid and lung as well as in skin fibroblasts.