Cytokine with B-cell stimulating capability. Binds to and activates the ILST/gp130 receptor.
|Gene References into Functions
- CLF-1, based on its binding site for CLC and on two additional and independent sites for CNTFRalpha and sorLA, is a key player in CLC and CNTFRalpha signaling and turnover. PMID: 26858303
- Cardiotrophin-like cytokine factor 1 (CLCF1) and neuropoietin (NP) signalling and their roles in development, adulthood, cancer and degenerative disorders. PMID: 26198769
- albuminuria in focal segmental glomerulosclerosis is related to qualitative or quantitative changes in the CLCF1-CRLF1 complex. PMID: 25843671
- activation of the Jak-STAT cascade is essential for corticotroph NNT-1/BSF-3 signaling. PMID: 12639901
- Structural and docking interaction studies showed that the R197L substitution destabilized the contact site between CLC and CNTFRalpha. PMID: 16782820
- Ciliary neurotrophic factor, cardiotrophin-like cytokine, and neuropoietin share a conserved binding site on the ciliary neurotrophic factor receptor alpha chain PMID: 18728012
|Involvement in disease
||Cold-induced sweating syndrome 2 (CISS2)
||Expressed predominantly in lymph nodes, spleen, peripheral blood lymphocytes, bone marrow, and fetal liver.