Ligand for members of the frizzled family of seven transmembrane receptors that functions in the canonical Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway. Required for normal fusion of the chorion and the allantois during placenta development. Required for central nervous system (CNS) angiogenesis and blood-brain barrier regulation.
|Gene References into Functions
- We identified a novel genome-wide significant association rs10453441 in the WNT7B gene on chromosome 22 as a novel SNP for central corneal thickness in Latinos. PMID: 28171582
- the present study detected abnormal upregulation in the levels of Wnt2b and Wnt7b, and hypothesized that the alterations may be due to the ectopic opening of chromatin structure. PMID: 26548512
- WNT7B as a novel susceptibility gene for axial length and corneal curvature and is associated with myopia and extreme myopia. PMID: 25823570
- Results illustrated the critical role of myeloid WNT7B in tumor progression, acting at the levels of angiogenesis, invasion, and metastasis. PMID: 24638982
- Results suggest that AR-regulated WNT7B signaling is critical for the growth of CRPC and development of the osteoblastic bone response characteristic of advanced prostate cancer. PMID: 23386686
- WNT7B can serve as a primary determinant of differential Wnt/beta-catenin activation in pancreatic adenocarcinoma. PMID: 23416978
- Wnt7B was expressed at high concentrations in regions of active hyperplasia, metaplasia, and fibrotic change in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis patients. PMID: 22838404
||Secreted, extracellular space, extracellular matrix. Secreted.
||Moderately expressed in fetal brain, weakly expressed in fetal lung and kidney, and faintly expressed in adult brain, lung and prostate.