Integrins alpha-1/beta-1, alpha-2/beta-1, alpha-10/beta-1 and alpha-11/beta-1 are receptors for collagen. Integrins alpha-1/beta-1 and alpha-2/beta-2 recognize the proline-hydroxylated sequence G-F-P-G-E-R in collagen. Integrins alpha-2/beta-1, alpha-3/beta-1, alpha-4/beta-1, alpha-5/beta-1, alpha-8/beta-1, alpha-10/beta-1, alpha-11/beta-1 and alpha-V/beta-1 are receptors for fibronectin. Alpha-4/beta-1 recognizes one or more domains within the alternatively spliced CS-1 and CS-5 regions of fibronectin. Integrin alpha-5/beta-1 is a receptor for fibrinogen. Integrin alpha-1/beta-1, alpha-2/beta-1, alpha-6/beta-1 and alpha-7/beta-1 are receptors for lamimin. Integrin alpha-6/beta-1 (ITGA6:ITGB1) is present in oocytes and is involved in sperm-egg fusion. Integrin alpha-4/beta-1 is a receptor for VCAM1 and recognizes the sequence Q-I-D-S in VCAM1. Integrin alpha-9/beta-1 is a receptor for VCAM1, cytotactin and osteopontin. It recognizes the sequence A-E-I-D-G-I-E-L in cytotactin. Integrin alpha-3/beta-1 is a receptor for epiligrin, thrombospondin and CSPG4. Integrin alpha-3/beta-1 provides a docking site for FAP (seprase) at invadopodia plasma membranes in a collagen-dependent manner and hence may participate in the adhesion, formation of invadopodia and matrix degradation processes, promoting cell invasion. Alpha-3/beta-1 may mediate with LGALS3 the stimulation by CSPG4 of endothelial cells migration. Integrin alpha-V/beta-1 is a receptor for vitronectin. Beta-1 integrins recognize the sequence R-G-D in a wide array of ligands. When associated with alpha-7/beta-1 integrin, regulates cell adhesion and laminin matrix deposition. Involved in promoting endothelial cell motility and angiogenesis. Involved in osteoblast compaction through the fibronectin fibrillogenesis cell-mediated matrix assembly process and the formation of mineralized bone nodules. May be involved in up-regulation of the activity of kinases such as PKC via binding to KRT1. Together with KRT1 and RACK1, serves as a platform for SRC activation or inactivation. Plays a mechanistic adhesive role during telophase, required for the successful completion of cytokinesis. ITGA4:ITGB1 binds to fractalkine (CX3CL1) and may act as its coreceptor in CX3CR1-dependent fractalkine signaling. ITGA4:ITGB1 and ITGA5:ITGB1 bind to PLA2G2A via a site (site 2) which is distinct from the classical ligand-binding site (site 1) and this induces integrin conformational changes and enhanced ligand binding to site 1. ITGA5:ITGB1 acts as a receptor for fibrillin-1 (FBN1) and mediates R-G-D-dependent cell adhesion to FBN1. ITGA5:ITGB1 is a receptor for IL1B and binding is essential for IL1B signaling. ITGA5:ITGB3 is a receptor for soluble CD40LG and is required for CD40/CD40LG signaling.
|Gene References into Functions
- The overall findings suggest that the secreted galectin-3 stimulated by PGF plays a role in structural luteolysis by binding to beta 1 integrin. PMID:
- Putative function of fibronectin and its receptor (integrin alpha(5)beta(1)) in male and female gametes during bovine fertilization in vitro. PMID:
- integrin activation with shear stress results in SFK-regulated caveolin-1 phosphorylation that, in turn, mediates Csk association at integrin sites, where it plays a role in downstream, shear-stimulated myosin light chain diphosphorylation. PMID:
- Flow induced alpha2beta1 activation in cells on collagen, but not on fibronectin or fibrinogen. Conversely, alpha5beta1 and alphavbeta3 are activated on fibronectin and fibrinogen, but not collagen. PMID:
- both the gpIb-VWF interaction and the integrin alpha(2)beta(1)-collagen interaction contribute to platelet adhesion under high shear stress; integrin alpha(II)beta(1) makes a greater contribution to adhesion to type I collagen because less VWF is bound PMID:
- TRPV4 channels mediate cyclic strain-induced endothelial cell reorientation through integrin-to-integrin signaling. PMID:
||Cell membrane; Single-pass type I membrane protein. Cell projection, invadopodium membrane; Single-pass type I membrane protein. Cell projection, ruffle membrane; Single-pass type I membrane protein. Recycling endosome. Melanosome. Cell projection, lamellipodium. Cell projection, ruffle. Cell junction, focal adhesion. Cell surface.; [Isoform 2]: Cell membrane, sarcolemma. Cell junction.