Binds and activates the KLRK1/NKG2D receptor, mediating natural killer cell cytotoxicity.
|Gene References into Functions
- we show that Simian Virus 40 (SV40)...evades NK cell attack through the down regulation of...ULBP1 PMID: 26992229
- ATF4 drives ULBP1 gene expression in cancer cell lines, while the RNA-binding protein RBM4 supports ULBP1 expression by suppressing a novel alternatively spliced isoform of ULBP1 mRNA. PMID: 26565589
- expression determines intrinsic acute myeloid leukemia susceptibility to allogeneic V[gamma]9V[delta]2 T cells PMID: 24911793
- recurrence-free survival of patients with ULBP1-negative hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) was significantly shorter than that of patients with ULBP1-positive HCC PMID: 21756848
- recombinant ULBP1 fused to CD45 caused a reduction in cytotoxicity and degranulation by NK cells, implying a role for receptor ligand distribution in the activation of NK cell responses PMID: 21464092
- Data show that ULBP1, TFR2 and IFITM1 were associated with increased susceptibility to Vgamma9Vdelta2 T-cell cytotoxicity. PMID: 20220060
- These results identify Mult1 as a target for the MARCH family of E3 ligases PMID: 20870941
- As NKG2D ligand, ULBP1 are expressed on immature dendritic cells and plays an important role in the cytotoxic effect of NK cells against iDC. PMID: 18394338
- Data show that the protease NS3/4A of HCV down-regulates ULBP1 expression by inhibiting the transcription of ULBP1. PMID: 19500498
- ULBP1 binds to the NKG2D receptor and activates multiple signaling pathways in primary natural killer cells. PMID: 11777960
- The NKG2D ligand ULBP1 is up-regulated and readily detectable intracellularly in the endoplasmic reticulum of human cytomegalovirus-infected fibroblasts, where it colocalizes with viral protein UL16. PMID: 12847260
- ULBP1 is a human ligand of the NKG2D receptor PMID: 16901903
- The selective induction of ULBP1 expression by proteasome inhibitor drugs, along with variable NKG2D ligand expression by human tumor cells, indicates that NKG2D ligand genes are independently regulated. PMID: 19414815
||Cell membrane; Lipid-anchor, GPI-anchor. Endoplasmic reticulum.
||MHC class I family
||Expressed in T-cells, B-cells, erythroleukemia cell lines and in a wide range of tissues including heart, brain, lung, liver, testis, lymph node, thymus, tonsil and bone marrow. Also found in fetal heart, brain, lung and liver.