Shows chemotactic activity for lymphocytes and monocytes but not neutrophils. Also shows potent myelosuppressive activity, suppresses proliferation of myeloid progenitor cells. Recombinant SCYA16 shows chemotactic activity for monocytes and THP-1 monocytes, but not for resting lymphocytes and neutrophils. Induces a calcium flux in THP-1 cells that were desensitized by prior expression to RANTES.
|Gene References into Functions
- Overexpression of miR-1247 may alleviate LPS-induced A549 cell injury through targeting CCL16. PMID: 29768218
- Single nucleotide polymorphism (SNPs) located in and around the C-C motif chemokine ligand 16 (CCL16) gene are associated with CCL16 protein levels in blood plasma, and rs80329614 is the SNP most strongly associated with CCL16 protein levels in plasma. PMID: 27357396
- High umbilical artery CCL16 is prominently detected in preterm preeclamptic pregnancies with severe growth restriction. PMID: 22857868
- Data show that CCL-16 gene expression was upregulated by 7.46-fold in IBS patients when compared with controls and suggest a subclinical inflammatory component underlying IBS. PMID: 21951809
- Low umbilical cord blood chemokine CCL16 associates with spontaneous preterm birth PMID: 21288736
- Recombinant CCL16 significantly enhances the effector and the antigen-presenting function of macrophages and augments T cell lytic activity. PMID: 14525962
- An adenoviral vector encoding human CCL16 injected into mice with pre-established mammary carcinoma induces strong antitumor response; when given before surgical excision of primary lesions, the treatment prevents metastatic spread and cures 63% of mice. PMID: 15034014
- CCL16 induced efficient migratory responses in human and mouse eosinophils. CCL16 is a novel functional ligand for H4 and may have a role in trafficking of eosinophils. PMID: 15265943
- CC chemokine-4 (HCC-4)/CCL16 transduces signals differently from other CCR1-dependent chemokines and may play different roles in the immune response. PMID: 16226254
- Elevated concentrations in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid from patients with eosinophilic pneumonia PMID: 19494526
||Intercrine beta (chemokine CC) family
||Mainly expressed in liver, also found in spleen and thymus. Highly expressed in LPS- and IFN-gamma-activated monocytes, weakly in some lymphocytes, including natural killer cells, gamma-delta T-cells, and some T-cell clones.