Receptor for interleukin-36 (IL36A, IL36B and IL36G). After binding to interleukin-36 associates with the coreceptor IL1RAP to form the interleukin-36 receptor complex which mediates interleukin-36-dependent activation of NF-kappa-B, MAPK and other pathways. The IL-36 signaling system is thought to be present in epithelial barriers and to take part in local inflammatory response; it is similar to the IL-1 system. Seems to be involved in skin inflammatory response by induction of the IL-23/IL-17/IL-22 pathway.
|Gene References into Functions
- Endothelial cells, including dermal microvascular cells, express a functionally active IL-36 receptor. PMID: 27673278
- All human blood lymphocytes express IL-36R. PMID: 27269181
- The data identify a novel role for IL-36 signaling in colonic inflammation and indicate that the IL-36R pathway may represent a novel target for therapeutic intervention. PMID: 26813344
- single nucleotide polymorphism A471T in the Toll-interleukin 1 receptor domain (TIR) of the IL-1Rrp2 that is present in approximately 2% of the human population, down-regulated IL-36R signaling by a decrease of interaction with IL-1RAcP. PMID: 27307043
- The IL36 receptor (IL1RL2) is an important mediator molecule in the inflammatory response. PMID: 27853811
- The ubiquitin-binding Tollip protein contributed to IL-36R signaling and increased the accumulation of both subunits of the IL-36R. PMID: 26269592
- IL36A-IL36R axis is modulated in patients with primary Sjogren's syndrome. PMID: 25902739
- Expression of IL-1Rrp2 by sone dendritic cell subsets may have an important function in the human immune response in vivo via its role in differentiation of inflammatory Th1 lymphocytes. PMID: 22144259
- These data provide evidence that IL-38 binds to the IL-36R, as does IL-36Ra.[IL-38, IL-36R] PMID: 22315422
- IL-1alpha and IL-1beta gene polymorphisms do not act as a strong susceptibility factor for MTLE-HS in individuals of Turkish ancestry PMID: 16546408
||Membrane; Single-pass type I membrane protein.
||Interleukin-1 receptor family
||Expressed in synovial fibroblasts and articular chondrocytes. Expressed in keratinocytes and monocyte-derived dendritic cells. Expressed in monocytes and myeloid dendritic cells; at protein level.