The Human growth differentiation factor 15 (GDF15) ELISA Kit manufactured by CUSABIO is applied to quantitatively determinate GDF15 concentrations in human serum, plasma, tissue homogenates, or urine. The detection mechanism is based on the sandwich ELISA technique and enzyme-substrate chromogenic reaction. The solution color develops in proportion to the amount of GDF15 in the sample. And the intensity of the color can be measured by a microplate reader at 450 nm. This kit can help to streamline the experiment and get ideal results due to its high sensitivity, excellent specificity, good linearity, precision less than 10%, high recovery, and lot-to-lot consistency.
GDF15, also called macrophage inhibitory cytokine-1, is a member of the TGF-β superfamily and is widely expressed in multiple mammalian tissues. It is a stress-induced cytokine expressed in response to tissue injury. GDF15 serum levels are closely related to various diseases, including inflammation, cancer, cardiovascular diseases, and obesity. It may potentially serve as a reliable predictor of disease progression. Peder L. Myhre etc. demonstrated that GDF15 is increased in the majority of patients hospitalized with COVID-19, and higher levels are related to SARS-CoV-2 viremia, hypoxemia, and worse outcome. The prognostic importance of GDF15 was additional and superior to established cardiovascular and inflammatory biomarkers.
||growth differentiation factor 15
||GDF 15 ELISA Kit; GDF-15 ELISA Kit; Gdf15 ELISA Kit; GDF15_HUMAN ELISA Kit; Growth differentiation factor 15 ELISA Kit; Growth/differentiation factor 15 ELISA Kit; Macrophage inhibitory cytokine 1 ELISA Kit; MIC 1 ELISA Kit; Mic-1 ELISA Kit; MIC1 ELISA Kit; NAG 1 ELISA Kit; NAG-1 ELISA Kit; NAG1 ELISA Kit; NRG 1 ELISA Kit; NRG-1 ELISA Kit; NRG1 ELISA Kit; NSAID (nonsteroidal anti inflammatory drug) activated protein 1 ELISA Kit; NSAID ELISA Kit; NSAID regulated protein 1 ELISA Kit; NSAID-activated gene 1 protein ELISA Kit; NSAID-regulated gene 1 protein ELISA Kit; PDF ELISA Kit; PLAB ELISA Kit; Placental bone morphogenetic protein ELISA Kit; Placental bone morphogenic protein ELISA Kit; Placental TGF beta ELISA Kit; Placental TGF-beta ELISA Kit; Prostate differentiation factor ELISA Kit; PTGF beta ELISA Kit; PTGFB ELISA Kit
||Homo sapiens (Human)
||serum, plasma, tissue homogenates, urine
||7.8 pg/mL-500 pg/mL
|Intra-assay Precision (Precision within an assay): CV%<8%|| || || |
|Three samples of known concentration were tested twenty times on one plate to assess. || |
|Inter-assay Precision (Precision between assays): CV%<10%|| || || |
|Three samples of known concentration were tested in twenty assays to assess. || || |
| || || || || || || |
|To assess the linearity of the assay, samples were spiked with high concentrations of human GDF15 in various matrices and diluted with the Sample Diluent to produce samples with values within the dynamic range of the assay.|
| ||Sample||Serum(n=4)|| |
|1:1||Average %||89|| |
|Range %||80-91|| |
|1:2||Average %||98|| |
|Range %||91-104|| |
|1:4||Average %||97|| |
|Range %||90-105|| |
|1:8||Average %||95|| |
|Range %||91-100|| |
|The recovery of human GDF15 spiked to levels throughout the range of the assay in various matrices was evaluated. Samples were diluted prior to assay as directed in the Sample Preparation section.|
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range|| |
|Serum (n=5) ||92||86-99|| |
|EDTA plasma (n=4)||97||91-105|| |
| || || || || || || |
| || || || || || || |
|These standard curves are provided for demonstration only. A standard curve should be generated for each set of samples assayed. |
|500||1.756 ||1.737 ||1.747 ||1.601 || |
|250||1.134 ||1.142 ||1.138 ||0.992 || |
|125||0.702 ||0.719 ||0.711 ||0.565 || |
|62.5||0.465 ||0.450 ||0.458 ||0.312 || |
|31.2||0.337 ||0.349 ||0.343 ||0.197 || |
|15.6||0.266 ||0.272 ||0.269 ||0.123 || |
|7.8||0.192 ||0.203 ||0.198 ||0.052 || |
|0||0.145 ||0.147 ||0.146 || || |
- A micro ELISA plate ---The 96-well plate has been pre-coated with an anti-human GDF15 antibody. This dismountable microplate can be divided into 12 x 8 strip plates.
- Two vials lyophilized standard ---Dilute a bottle of the standard at dilution series, read the OD values, and then draw a standard curve.
- One vial Biotin-labeled GDF15 antibody (100 x concentrate) (120 μl/bottle) ---Act as the detection antibody.
- One vial HRP-avidin (100 x concentrate) (120 μl/bottle) ---Bind to the detection antibody and react with the TMB substrate to make the solution chromogenic.
- One vial Biotin-antibody Diluent (15 ml/bottle) ---Dilute the Biotin-antibody.
- One vial HRP-avidin Diluent (15 ml/bottle) ---Dilute the HRP-avidin solution.
- One vial Sample Diluent (50 ml/bottle)---Dilute the sample to an appropriate concentration.
- One vial Wash Buffer (25 x concentrate) (20 ml/bottle) ---Wash away unbound or free substances.
- One vial TMB Substrate (10 ml/bottle) ---Act as the chromogenic agent. TMB interacts with HRP, eliciting the solution turns blue.
- One vial Stop Solution (10 ml/bottle) ---Stop the color reaction. The solution color immediately turns from blue to yellow.
- Four Adhesive Strips (For 96 wells) --- Cover the microplate when incubation.
- An instruction manual
|Materials not provided
- A microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm, with the correction wavelength set at 540 nm or 570 nm.
- An incubator can provide stable incubation conditions up to 37°C±5°C.
- Squirt bottle, manifold dispenser, or automated microplate washer
- Absorbent paper for blotting the microtiter plate
- 50-300ul multi-channel micropipette
- Pipette tips
- Single-channel micropipette with different ranges
- 100ml and 500ml graduated cylinders
- Deionized or distilled water
- Test tubes for dilution
|ELISA kit FAQs
||Store at 2-8°C. Please refer to protocol.
||3-5 working days