Cytokines, a class of protein that can regulate cell growth, differentiation and function, play an important role in a variety of physiological and pathological processes, such as immune regulation, inflammatory response, cell proliferation and growth, tissue regeneration and repair. Therefore, cytokines have been widely used in many fields of research.
Cytokines are mainly released by the cells of the immune system to produce an immune response. According to their different functions, they can be divided into different types, mainly including chemokines, interferon, interleukin, tumor necrosis factor and colony-stimulating factor. They can act alone or together or against each other, but ultimately the role of cytokines is to help regulate the immune response. Therefore, the role of cytokines in immunological research is multifaceted. Mainly including the following points:
(1) Immune regulation: cytokines are involved in the physiological processes of immune cells, such as differentiation, proliferation, migration, adhesion, and cell death, thereby regulating the process and amplitude of the immune response.
(2) Immunotherapy: as an immunomodulator, cytokines can be used to activate immunotherapy, inhibit immunotherapy, etc., including various recombinant, synthetic and natural preparations, etc. For example, recombinant interleukin-2 (IL-2) is used for treating kidney cancer, melanoma and malignant lymphoma, and recombinant interleukin-4 (IL-4) is used for treating allergic diseases.
(3) Immunodiagnosis: the occurrence and severity of some immune diseases can be judged by measuring the level of cytokines, for example, measuring tumor necrosis factor α (TNF-α) can help to diagnose rheumatoid arthritis.
(4) Vaccine development: the study on the role of cytokines in the immune process can provide a theoretical basis for vaccine development, for example, the use of recombinant interleukin-12 (IL-12) as a vaccine adjuvant can enhance the effect of the immune response.
Inflammation is a normal and important immune defense mechanism of the body. However, if it is not effectively controlled, the immune system will attack healthy tissues, causing cytokine storm and other body dysfunction problems. Cytokines can stimulate the differentiation and function of inflammatory cells, playing an important role in the diagnosis, evaluation, treatment of inflammatory diseases and the development of related drugs. For example, anti-tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-α) antibody are used to treat rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory bowel disease. In addition, there are many other cytokines such as IL-1, IL-6, IL-8, and IFN-γ are also widely used in inflammation research.
Tumor cells can evade immune surveillance by reducing the function of immune cells and regulating immune response, while cytokines can restore immune surveillance of tumor cells and promote apoptosis of tumor cells, thereby inhibiting cancer development and progression. A large number of clinical studies have found that the cytokines of cancer patients include IL-2, IL-6, IL-8, IL-10, IL-12, IL-18, TNF-α, TGF-β, IFN-γ, macrophage migration inhibitory factor (MIF) and CXCR4, and the research on the signaling pathways and reaction mechanisms mediated by these cytokines is of great significance for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of tumors.
In view of the pleiotropy and importance of cytokines, CUSABIO has developed a variety of high-quality cytokine ELISA kits with the following characteristics and advantages:
● High Sensitivity & High Precision & High Stability
CUSABIO cytokine ELISA kits can be used to detect protein at very low concentrations, usually on the pg/mL scale. They are highly specific, with good repeatability and accuracy, and can avoid cross-reactivity with other protein, ensuring reliable test results.
In addition, that component of the colorful biological cytokine ELISA kit are heavily optimized, and the stability of each component is perfectly subject to a high-temperature damage test, so that the inactivation of antigens and antibodies dure long-distance transportation and storage is avoided to the greatest extent.
● 100% Quality Assurance
High-quality raw materials and strict quality control process are adopted. After three rounds of quality inspection, each product has stable performance and reliable quality, thus ensuring the minimum intra-batch difference and inter-batch difference of the kit to the maximum extent.
● Comprehensive Coverage
CUSABIO cytokine ELISA kits cover many kinds of cytokines, involving 180+ targets, to maximize the satisfaction of a variety of cytokines related scientific research needs, help your drug development process!
What are Cytokines?
Cytokines and Diseases